Membership dues are due on or before Jan 1 of each year, this year we extended the grace period thought Feb 4 on Feb 5 you will no longer be considered a member in good stand unless you renew your 2015 membership.
We have taken steps to make renewing your membership easy.
Online Membership Renewal Log into your DCOSV account, on right-hand side you will see a link for “Online Renewal”, this will walk you thru the process of checking your profile data to verify the information is accurate (check box for “My 2015 Information is Accurate” ) save profile, print the liability form, mail it to email@example.com or snail mail it to Kari Larson DCoSV Secretary 620 N Ahwanee Terrace Sunnyvale, CA 94085.
Offline Membership Renewal Log into your DCOSV account, on right-hand side you will see a link for “Offline Renewal” the page has instructions for renewing by personal check and snail-mail.
Bring your completed DCoSV Application and Liability form with proof of certification and payment to club meeting on Feb 4th 7:30pm at Round Table Pizza 1220 Oakmead Pkwy, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Forms can be found at http://www.dcosv.org/?page_id=9
Remember in order to be a member in good standings you must renew by Feb 4, 2015, the grace period is running out!
Looking forward to a great year of diving.
It’s that time of year. Our memberships are annual from Jan 1 to December 31.
Three ways to renew.
- At the next club meeting Nov 19 7:30pm (the join tab), print the forms and bring the completed forms to Walt
- You can print the membership and liability form and send a check payable to: DCoSV 620 N Ahwanee Terrace Sunnyvale, CA 94085 Att: DCoSV Secretary
- You can renew online (coming soon)
For all who have paid for 2015 membership you will receive extra (+1) Raffle ticket at the Raffle on Nov 19th.
This week’s meeting included FREE PIZZA, salad bar and Halloween Candy provided by the DCOSV. We had a great turnout!
Recent Local Activities:
- 2 weeks ago Tim organized a club dive to Monestery; calm but so-so vis (green); lots of bright colors in the kelp bed
- Char and Andy dove at Breakwater last weekend; a bit hazy at depth
- Marcello went to Bali and Thailand last month; dove the Phi Phi Islands on the Andaman Sea; good weather but not fantastic vis on many of the dives; huge numbers of fish on some of the dives
- Jim just got back from Guadalupe diving with HUGE Great Whites – he had fascinating pics of some up-close encounters!!!
Upcoming Club Events:
1. Family Snorkel on Oct 25th
- Snorkel, lunch and VIP Tour to the Aquarium; first dive at 8:30am; Mike will lead a group to the barge (based on the instructions Kim Glenn provided); Please RSVP to Ken Carter ( firstname.lastname@example.org) so we have a headcount for lunch; Details are on the web site at www.dcosv.org
- Aquarium tour organized by Keithen Hayenga; VIP Tour of behind the scenes; meet at 1:45 at the tour desk if you have signed up with Keithen; right now it is completely booked up but Keithen will start a wait list in case there are cancellations so contact him if you are interested at email@example.com
2. Pt Lobos on Nov 15th
- There are a few spots left; talk to Keithen or Tim if you are interested in going
Annual Club Elections:
- Held elections and voted on the Officers and Board positions for 2015
- Had unanimous confirmation of proposed members of the Officers and Board of Directors for 2015:
- President: Judy Jordan-Biesele
- Vice President: Walt Schaeffer
- Secretary: Kari Larson
- Treasurer: Butterfly Randall
- Past President: Michael Davis
- Safety Officer: Mary Vetter
- Training Officer: Shannon Hackett
- Board of Directors:
- Tim Nakada
- Keithen Hayenga
- Kenneth Carter
- Paul Radpour
- Marcelo Bossi
- Richard Walrod
A special thanks to Mike Davis from all the club members for the many years he has headed up DCOSV; he’s done a fantastic job and now he will take on an official new title: Past President
The Dive Club of Silicon Valley’s Family Snorkel and SCUBA Safari is back by popular demand.
On Saturday, October 25th, DCoSV will host its second annual club snorkeling-diving trip to Monterey. We hope this year will have lots and lots more family-friendly fun. The snorkeling-dive trip is geared for club members and their non-diver friends, family, and significant others (non-member divers and snorkelers would have to sign a waiver, or better yet a DCoSV membership application).
The plan is to go to Breakwater at San Carlos State Park, conditions permitting. We would have time for a first dive in the morning and the second dive/surface interval would be the snorkeling, followed by a second dive or lunch/cook-out. The first dive would be around the usual time of 8:30/9:00. Snorkelers only would meet a civilized 9:00 or 9:30. The Aquarius II dive shop at rents wetsuits for kids starting at about age 6 or 7 and rental for the wetsuits are $10 to $35 for a head-to-toe package for the day. Aquarius has a total of about 10 kids wetsuits.
As a special treat after lunch, the DCoSV will have its own private, VIP tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium at 2:00 PM. The VIP tour includes both behind the scenes in front of the exhibits demonstrations, such as the 3 story kelp forest exhibit. We will meet at the information desk at 1:45. The Tour can include up to 15 visitors and costs $13 per person, plus admission to the Aquarium. Space is limited so please RSVP right away.
The 2014 Montery Shootout was conducted August 8 & 9, Richard Walrod, one of our members, competed and was awarded second place for Beginer Macro Unrestricted. To see his image and other results, go to Monterey Shootout 2014 Results
Scroll down that page and you may view other entrants including some by member John Thackara.
Way to go Richard and now maybe you’ll share some of your images at a meeting!!