- Ken and Marcello: Carmel State Beach – surfaced in kelp and needed a machete to get back; before that, had great conditions with 30′+ vis; found a great wall at about 60′
- Marcella and Octavio went boat diving with Mike and Tom; a test run with their new boat; went to the Metridium Fields – lots more fun from a boat!
- Terry did Monastery Beach a few weeks ago; took a picture of an anemone trying to eat a Salp
- Kim: enjoys going out to the barge from the Breakwater wall; some kind soul has now attached a survey line from #11 to take you to the barge in about 15 mins; 3 Wolf Eels live there as well as sheep crabs, etc. Takes at least 45 mins for this dive so you’ll need to be good on your air – make sure you have a signal tube in case you need to surface while still in the boat channel
- Several members were on the Vision to the Big Sur for 3 days; rough on the way out; very challenging diving with a lot of swell and surge; difficult exits; fantastic diving with an amazing amount of life on the pinnacles
- Bob B, Mike, Kari and others went out on the Peace two weeks ago; got up to 15 dives in 2.5 days; had strong currents but still had good dives over the trip; went to Catalina and Santa Cruz Islands
- Char and Andy did 2 drift dives in Palm Beach and 2 more dives in St Martin as well as a bunch of snorkeling; saw the biggest turtle they had ever seen on one of the Palm Beach dives; lots of sharks and a nice wreck, too.
THE GREAT ANNUAL FISH COUNT:
- July 26th, Saturday
- -RSVP by registering on the website so we can buy enough food for everyone
- Mike is offering Basic Fish ID classes before then; more info on the DCOSV site
- See Kari if you want to order this year’s Fish Count t-shirt ($15,or $16 for a v-neck); they are navy blue and white; sizes available: children’s all the way to XXL
- Moving from Lover’s Beach to Breakwater because the city is closing Lover’s beach that day;
- 6th Annual Pt Lobos Day-After Dive
- This is one of the best dive sites in our area!!!
- Reserve on the DCOSV site or talk to Walt to reserve your spot…
- July 16th; Shannon will run that meeting; bring your pictures!!!